CLEAR - Contact Lens Evidence-based Academic Report
A new BCLA global consensus report will deliver evidence-based guidance to BCLA members and the wider profession on all aspects of prescribing and fitting contact lenses to allow for best patient care.
The Contact Lens Evidence-based Academic Reports (CLEAR) will be published in the March 2021 edition of the BCLA journal ‘Contact Lens and Anterior Eye’ and will feature work from panels of globally-respected experts.
CLEAR will set the standard to which researchers and eye care professionals will refer for the latest information in the field and will also highlight opportunities for future research.
CLEAR will feature nine overview papers, each compiled by a panel chaired by internationally renowned experts. The topics areas and panel chairs are:
• Anatomy and Physiology of the Anterior Eye - Dr Laura Downie
• Biochemistry of lens materials, coating, comfort drops and solutions - Professor Mark Willcox
• Effect of lens materials/design on the anatomy and physiology of the eye - Professor Philip Morgan
• Speciality lenses - Professor Pauline Cho and Dr Melissa Barnett
• Contact lens complications - Professor Fiona Stapleton
• Medical use of contact lenses - Associate Professor Debbie Jacobs
• Contact lens optics - Dr Kathryn Richdale
• Future applications of contact lenses - Professor Lyndon Jones
• Evidence based contact lens practice - Professor James Wolffsohn