Established in 2009, the BCLA Faculty of Speakers is a panel of more than 30 BCLA specialists in contact lenses and the anterior eye who are available to present at educational, business and industry events around the UK. Our expert speakers are available to deliver high quality presentations on a wide range of topics at local or national meetings and events, including members who wish to organise a 'BCLA to go' workshop.
- Rigid gas permeable contact lenses
- Soft contact lens fitting and design
- Toric soft contact lenses
- Diagnostic techniques in contact lens practice
- Management of dry eye
- Silicone hydrogels
- Multifocal soft lenses: strategies to build your contact lens business
- Fitting children with contact lenses
- Management and communication skills in contact lens practice
- Lens care, compliance and aftercare
- Contact lenses for therapeutic applications, keratoconus, post keratoplasty and post refractive surgery
- Contact lens myths and misconceptions
- Avoiding contact lens drop-outs
- Overview of staining and examination techniques
- Contact lens solutions
- Microbial keratitis
- Anterior eye imaging and measurement
- Advances in cataract surgery and intraocular lenses
- Ocular allergy
- Specialist RGPs: orthokeratology, RGP/soft hybrids, large diameter and semi-scleral RGPs
- RGP materials
- Sports vision and contact lenses
- Fitting irregular corneas
- Coloured contact lenses
- Contact lenses for colour deficiency and dyslexia
- Medical contact lens fitting
- Legal issues
BCLA Faculty of Speakers
- Shelly Bansal
- Marc Bennett
- Susan Bowers
- Ian Cameron
- Caroline Christie
- Daniel Erlich
- Nick Howard
- Vinod Kumar
- Iain May
- Professor Christine Purslow
- John Rogers
- Sheetal Patel
- Professor Sunil Shah
- Anna Sulley
- Brian Tompkins
- Dr Ursula Vogt
- Professor James Wolffsohn
- Dr Graeme Young
Download the list below to read more about our speakers and their specialist subjects.
BCLA Faculty of Speakers
How to book a BCLA Faculty speaker
- Review the list of speakers available and then contact email@example.com to check the availability of your preferred speaker. Also include the following information:
- Preferred topic you would like presented
- Date and location of meeting
- A BCLA representative will contact you and advise if the speaker is available for the date/s provided.
- Part of the requirements for booking a BCLA Faculty speaker is that the BCLA is promoted at the event by the nominated BCLA Faculty speaker giving a short presentation at the beginning or end of their talk, the meeting organisers to distribute BCLA materials provided to the attendees.
- BCLA members are encouraged to attend these events free of charge. We will help promote your event as and where necessary.
- The organising company must book a BCLA Faculty speaker via the above process. Booking/confirming dates directly with the speaker and not informing the BCLA in advance will result in non payment of speaker fees.
- The BCLA will pay the speaker fees only. The organising company will pay the speaker any travel/accommodation costs incurred.
- As part of on-going improvements to our Faculty service we ask the meeting organiser to complete a short feedback form.