BCLA UK Conference and Exhibition
8 November 2020 | The Vox Conference Centre | Birmingham
An average of 16 CET points in a host of core competencies will be applied for across the one day conference programme. BCLA will publish updates on CET approved sessions as and when approval is received. Please keep an eye on the BCLA Programme and CET Conference page for the latest updates.
Update important information on your BCLA account before you attend the BCLA UK Conference
To receive CET points, you will need to provide us with either your GOC number. To avoid any delays in receiving your points post-event, please update your BCLA profile with the appropriate number, if you have one, by following the simple steps below:
1. You must log into your BCLA account by clicking the ‘sign in’ link at the top of the BCLA homepage. (You would have created this when you registered for the event. If you have forgotten your login details please see the links below on re-setting your password. Please do not create a duplicate account
2. Once logged in, access your profile by clicking ‘Hi Your Name’ at the top of the BCLA homepage
3. In the ‘about’ tab of your profile, scroll down to the ‘BCLA Additional Data’ section and click on the pencil icon to the right of this heading
4. Type in your local optical body number in the ‘GOC Number’ box provided and click ‘save’ to automatically receive all applicable points for the sessions that you plan to attend.
5. You are welcome to complete more of your profile, if you wish to do so. (i.e your job title, workplace etc)
NB. CET will not be redeemable via the BCLA UK Live Stream.
How do I log in to my BCLA profile?
You would have created your profile at the time you joined as a member or registered for the event. Please note, your username is you email address. You can reset your password by following the steps shown on the first video in the link below. Please do not create a duplicate profile, this will not be recorded against the details you have registered with.
Re-set my password help video
CET Certificate of attendance
A generic Certificate of Attendance (CoA) can be supplied on request, post event. This certificate is to show proof that you attend the 2020 BCLA UK Conference. A CET Certificate can also be supplied on request, post event. CET certificates will include detail on the sessions that you attended (attendance data taken from the sign in sheets at the event) as to allow non GOC registered delegates to obtain CET points from the optical body local to them.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 8 December 2020 to request an electronic copy of your chosen certificate.