BCLA UK Conference and Exhibition
8 November 2020 | The Vox Conference Centre | Birmingham
'Evidence-Based Practice for Today'
All of our practice in contact lenses and ocular surface health is evidence-based. What has been published in peer review journals in recent months that will impact your practice now and in the near future and unveiling the future practice within contact lens and ocular surface health will conclude the day. The aim is to leave all attendees with guidance, hints and tips to change their practice today for tomorrow – the future.
The 2020 BCLA UK programme will deliver three tracks; Digital Seminar lecture track, Ocular Surface Health workshop track and a Myopia Management workshop track;
Digital Seminar track offers an opportunity to hear leading researchers and globally renowned speakers deliver sessions that will be evidence-based and demonstrate how that science can impact your practice and importantly your patients.
Workshop tracks will deliver both Peer Review and Skills Workshops that will also support the BCLA Online Learning Certificates in Dry Eye and Contact Lens Retention and the soon to be released Myopia Management Certificate. These sessions will deliver the required GOC CET approved elements to complete the certificates. Each workshop will be repeated twice, so an opportunity for all to attend.
- How do your contact lens prescribing habits compare to your peers in the UK and indeed the rest of the world?
- Retention and growing your contact lens practice, considerations and tools will be offered to grow your contact lens practice and retain those happy contact lens wearers. Followed by How green is your practice?
- Sustainability is forefront of everyone’s lives, this session will deliver an insight as to how we can be more environmentally friendly in all areas of optometric practice.
- An interactive session discussing the Role of the ECP in all aspects of Compliance in contact lenses and how Compliance has a role to play in comfort will be a feature not to be missed.
- Ocular Surface Health - Ocular Surface Happy is the focus of one of the dedicated tracks and will explore both 'Lubricants for dry eye - what’s it all about?' and 'Eyelid Health and Modern Management of Blepharitis'.
- Getting started in Myopia Management will require an understanding of the key communication needs for successful integration into practice; a Peer Review session aimed to provide a guide for this important element will open this second workshop track.
- 'Myopia Management; what, when and how' will deliver guidance on developing a treatment plan suitable for each individuals needs