BCLA UK Conference & Exhibition; Elevating your patients’ experience by enhancing your clinical skills
4 June 2018, Birmingham / 10 June 2018, London
The BCLA UK event, which is suitable for all levels of practitioners, will deliver an exhibition, relevant lectures and importantly hands-on workshops to improve confidence in contact lenses and managing Dry Eye Disease and Ocular Surface Health. BCLA UK will deliver a series of hands-on workshops, lectures and discussions to support eye care professionals deliver the best possible care for their patients in the field of contact lenses and anterior eye.
The speaker line up is as prestigious as ever at this year's BCLA UK event, some of which include:
• Water habits of contact lens wearers will be discussed by Professor Fiona Stapleton
• Dr Michael Read will provide guidance on 'Which material for which patient?'
• A peer review presentation on dry eye disease (DED) will be delivered by Professor James Wolffsohn
• Professor Phillip Morgan will ask delegates 'is it time to review contact lens clinical care?'
• An interactive session on Grading will be lead by Dr Marta Vianya-Estopa (BUCCLE)
Other sessions to look out for are:
• Communication guidance for success with contact lenses for children and parents
• The right Contact Lens Material choice for the right patient, is fundamental to success; an update will be delivered
• Ocular Nutrition for Anterior Eye will be featured also, considering Dry Eye disease and the presbyope
• Interactive workshops to familiarise the Eye Care Practitioner (ECP) with clinical instruments specific to Dry Eye Disease (DED) diagnosis and management
• A track dedicated to Ocular Surface Health (OSH) to support BCLA’s newly launched Dry Eye Certificate will be delivered for the first time
• Includes a peer review to provide an overview level of understanding on the management and diagnosis of dry eye disease (DED)
• Sessions based on the evidence and findings of the TFOS DEWS II Report
In addition to lectures and the Dry Eye track, a serieis of hands-on workshops will be staged at each event. You can book on to the Dry Eye track or add a workshop session to your booking at anytime, subject to availability. Workshops are FREE to attend but you must have booked an appropriate package for the day of your workshop in order to attend. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
• Contact Lenses for the Irregular Corneas Workshop
• Meibography Workshop
• Fitting Kids Peer Review
• Presbyopia and Contact Lenses Workshop
• Interactive Dry Eye and Self Evaluation Session (Peer Review and Workshop)
CET points are available across the programme for Optom, CLO, DO and IP, where applicable.
Please refer to CE points reference guide, which can be downloaded below.
When downloading PDF documents, we recommend that you use Google Chrome.
Programme correct at time of publish. Please re-revisit the BCLA website for the most up to date version.
Note that the programme at the Birmingham and London venues will be the same, so you only need to book for ONE event based on your location.