Note to 2017 conference attendees
- If you have attended the 2017 Conference and would like either a certificate of attendance or a CET certificate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
- We are currently in the process of reviewing the badge scanning data for all conference sessions. If you are eligible to receive CET points, you should expect to receive your points by 5 July 2017. If after this time you feel that you are missing any CET points, please email email@example.com and a member of the BCLA team will look in to your account for you.
Important information for registered delegates
The 40th Clinical Conference is due to begin on 9 June 2017. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to Liverpool. Below is some important information in the run up to the event, to ensure your conference experience runs smoothly.
Registration opening times / Delegate badges
You will need to collect your delegate pass upon arrival along with your delegate bag. You will be emailed a e-ticket/QR code prior the event, which you can either print and bring with you or bring along the electronic version, you will be able to simply scan your code and print your badge upon arrival. This is to help reduce queuing times, but don't worry if you do not have it, we can still print your delegate badge.
To avoid busy periods and queues, we will be opening the registration desk on Thursday afternoon. The BCLA registration desk will be located on the ground floor level at the ACC, Liverpool. Please allow extra time for enhanced security measures that will be in place (see further below).
Please note Online bookings have now closed. If you have not already registered for the event, but would like to attend you will have to register on-site during the registration opening times listed below.
Registration desk opening times:
- Thursday 8 June: 3:00pm – 6:00pm
- Friday 9 June: from 8:30am - 6.00pm
- Saturday 10 June: from 7:30am - 4:00pm
- Sunday 11 June: from 9:30am - 2:30pm
Enhanced Security at the venue
In light of the recent events in the UK, the ACC (venue) feel it is prudent to raise security and the following will be implemented;
• A random bag search will be in operation at all entrances to the venue
• Please check in your main luggage at your Hotel and avoid bringing any non-essential bags to the venue
• All delegates/exhibitors should wear the BCLA delegate passes at all times. Stewards will not permit access to the upper or lower levels of the venue without these.
• Bags and coats cannot be accepted at the cloakroom unless your delegate pass is presented.
Accommodation and getting to Liverpool
Please note that the bookings via the BCLA website has now closed. However, there is a list of hotels nearby the venue that you contact directly to book via this website www.visitliverpool.com , or please call on 0151 600 2987 to book.
Whether you are travelling by air, train or road, you find all the information here including information on booking airport transfers.
Photography at the event / Social Media
There will be an official BCLA photographer and videographer assigned to cover the event. If you do not wish to be included in any photography/video, please advise the photographer or advise the BCLA team in the registration area. Images/Video from the event will be used for PR purposes, the BCLA website and BCLA social media channels.
It is strictly prohibited to photograph/video any of the lectures/workshop sessions. Please note that majority of the sessions will be filmed and uploaded to the BCLA website post event.
Abstracts / CET/ Programme information
You can download lecture and workshop abstracts here. Please note we will not have printed versions available onsite. All information is accessible via the BCLA website or the mobile app.
Full programme can be downloaded here .
Getting in touch with the BCLA team
Please note the BCLA team will be travelling to Liverpool on Wednesday 7 June and will not have access to emails throughout the event.
We recommend you visit the team at the registration desk area if you have any queries, we will do our best to help.
We look forward to seeing you at Liverpool!