40th BCLA Clinical Conference & Exhibition
9 - 11 June 2017, ACC Liverpool
NOTE TO 2017 CONFERENCE ATTENDEES
- If you have attended the 2017 Conference and would like either a certificate of attendance or a CET certificate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
- If you are eligible to receive CET points, you should expect to have eceived your points by 5 July 2017. If after this time you feel that you are missing any CET points, please email email@example.com and a member of the BCLA team will look in to your account for you.
- If you are looking to view 2017 conference resources, please scroll to the bottom of this page where you can download useful information.
The BCLA hosts the UK’s largest Clinical Conference and Exhibition dedicated to contact lenses and the anterior eye every 2 years. This highly regarded three-day event attracts more than 1,000 UK and international contact lens professionals, at all stages of their career each year. Whatever your level of experience or work setting, the BCLA Clinical Conference and Exhibition offers you a platform to learn from the experts, to network and develop your skills and knowledge, as well as source ideas and suppliers that will tangibly improve your business. Discover the latest trends and challenges, hear the most effective business solutions and take home the key clinical and professional building blocks for a more successful future in contact lens practice. Offering delegates from the UK an average of 50 CET points in a host of core competencies – as well as COPE accreditation for delegates from North America and CPD accreditation – the BCLA Clinical Conference is a ‘must-attend’ event for anyone involved with the contact lens profession and industry.
The conference and exhibition is ideal for:
- Contact lens professionals of all disciplines
- Employer managers and employees
- Independents and multiples
- Experienced practitioners or those returning to practice
- Those new to contact lenses
- Those already working in the industry
The BCLA Clinical Conference & Exhibition enables you to:
- Network by creating connections and building new relationships
- Exchange knowledge with your peers; gaining both an employer's and employee's perspective plus the opportunity to interact with the leading experts in the fields of contact lenses and anterior eye
- Be inspired by presentations from the world’s leading contact lens experts and by the leading manufacturers and suppliers of contact lens and related products
- Learn about the latest technical developments through the presentations, free workshops, panel discussions and debates and attend the free exhibitor Product Pavilion sessions
- Succeed through better understanding of the latest trends, products and cost-saving strategies to enhance competitiveness and maximise business potential
- Connect with colleagues from around the world to shape your professional network for post conference consultation
EDUCATIONAL POINTS (CET/COPE/CPD)
The BCLA Conference is a major source of CET and COPE provision with 57 CET points and 6 COPE hours of learning available over the full 3 day programme in 2017.
A timetable of the CET points available at the Conference is available to download below. Both CET and COPE sessions will be highlighted on the main conference programme pages.
To be eligible to receive CET points, you must:
- Provide your correct GOC number when you register or you will not receive any points
- You must ensure that you are scanned in to a conference session no later than 15 minutes after the start time and scanned out at the scheduled end time of the session. Any delegates leaving the session early or who are not scanned at all will not be eligible to receive the points. It is the delegate's responsibility to ensure they are scanned in and out of all sessions attended
- Any queries regarding your CET points awarded should be made no later than three months after the Conference
CALL FOR PAPERS
The BCLA Clinical Conference also allow you to get involved by submitting proposals for scientific clinical workshops/lectures, abstracts for papers and posters and submissions for the photographic competition.
Call for Clinical Workshops and Educational Courses - CLOSED (closed on Friday 28 October 2016)
Business Stream Call for Presentations - CLOSED (closed on Friday 2 December 2016)
Call for Scientific Papers and Posters - CLOSED (Closed on Friday 20 January 2017). Authors will be advised if they have been accepted or not by w/c 27 February.
The main conference programme consisted of multiple lecture tracks, plus practical and discussion workshops. With so much on offer, there was something suitable for everyone.
- Dedicated ‘Introduction to ortho-k’ track on Friday 9 June
- Business session on Saturday 10 June
- Myopia Management update
- Demands of digital devices on contact lens wearers
- Emerging technologies
- Dedicated ‘Dry eye and lid management’ track on Friday 9 June
- 'WOSH' - Whole Ocular Surface Health – risk factors, detection and management. What's it all about?
When downloading PDF documents, we recommend you use Google Chrome.